Friday 6 June 2014

When a child is'' told off'' by a stranger...


One day  I took my child to the park where we often visit. I was really disappointed how a mother of another child told my child off  .
I was sitting on the bench and watching my daughter and suddenly she started crying. She came to me saying that the lady shouted and told her off. The reason was because my child hit her child by accident while playing on the playground. Her child was about 2,5 years old and mine was 4 at the time.
I asked my daughter what exactly happened but she could not explain to me as she was really upset and she was crying badly. Than I decided to go to the other mother who was not even looking at us.
I could clearly see that she did not care about it...

I went to the mum holding my child and asked her why is my child crying. What she said was '' Well I just told her off because she hit my child, you know children do not like to be told off so that is why she probably cries''. I said '' How rude is to tell a child off when her mother is here, can't you just come to me and say what ever you would like to say, because I would never tell off  a strangers child. How would you feel if same thing happen to your child one day ''?  I was expecting her to say sorry but what she did instead was to start arguing with me loudly and swearing at me in front of her own child, my child and other children in the park! I was really angry and I said  '' You do not even hesitate to shout, argue and swear in front of your own and other children so what can we expect from a child that is risen by parent like you ''? To be honest her child kept playing in the playground ,she did not even gave attention while her mother was shouting. My child cried until we go home.

I think positive parenting is the key for the future of our kids, also I think the mother should be the best role model (especially for their daughters). The parents are the first school in life and the first 6 ,7 years of a child life matters a lot.

What makes me mad is  that a group of parents teach their children to be polite ,say sorry and to behave nicely and sometimes we meet children and we see the opposite of what we have tried to teach to our kids .For example there are a lot of kids that slap, bite other children, behave badly  and so on. I think about  90 percent of  a child's behaviour is connected to their parents!

 I am really sensitive about my child and other children in the World because they are our future !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment